Cacao "Earthy Energy" Muffins
Feb 19,2020 | Yvette Rose
A cacao ceremony are used during scared healing circles. Since ancient times, this activated ingredient was used and still is used for the purpose of healing and love. Another recipe to power your potential with next-level naturals formulated to satisfy, reboot, and revive.
- 1/2 cup ground flax
- 2 cups flour (prefer whole wheat or buckwheat)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup raw sugar cane
- 3/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter
- 3 very ripe bananas, peeled, mashed
- 1/2 cup hemp. oat or nut milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Grease a 12-serving muffin pan
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, ground flax, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices. Set aside.
- In another bowl combine sugar and coconut oil. Put under a mixer on high until well combined.
- Add milk, bananas,, and extract, beating until well-combined.
- Add flour mixture and mix on low speed until combined.
- Add cacao nibs and continue to mix until just incorporated.
- Fill muffin cups with batter.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until lightly browned
- Let cool in the muffin pan for 5 minutes then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Note: Substitute cacao nibs with chopped dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate morsels.