Curried Butternut Squash Soup
Apr 01,2020 | Yvette Rose
Gut health recipes are powered-by-plants and this recipe does that. It's filled with the turmeric golden-hued root boasts anti-inflammatory antioxidant-packed potency. With scientifically proven health benefits, turmeric's most active compound curcumin can alleviate symptoms of depression and arthritis and can help prevent heart disease, Alzheimer's, and cancer.
- 2 cups butternut squash OR pumpkin, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup of kale chopped
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup lentils
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch cayenne
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons cardamom
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- In a large stockpot over high heat, combine butternut squash, sunflower seeds, lentils water, turmeric, and salt.
- Bring mixture to boil, cover, then reduce heat to medium/ low. Cook for about 20-30 minutes until squash is completely tender.
- Add cumin, curry powder, cinnamon, cayenne, coriander, cardamom, and JB cleanse mix. Cook for another 5-10 minutes until flavors are well combined, stir occasionally.
- Cover mixture and set aside to let cool slightly and continue steaming vegetables.
- Use Vitamix, puree soup on high speed until completely smooth. vegetable or chicken broth may be added to thin out mixture slightly.
- add Kale to the warm soup
12PM, 7PM, Dinner, Flatter Belly, lunch