Fashionably Coconutty Soup
Apr 01,2020 | Yvette Rose
Coconut oil contains short term medium-chain saturated fatty acids (MCFAs), which is a “healthy” form saturated fat compared to trans fat. One 2009 study looked at the weight loss link between women’s consumption of coconut oil and found that it reduces abdominal obesity. Coconut oil has been found to benefit digestive disorders including irritable bowel syndrome.
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup ginger, peel then finely chop
- 1/2 cup of mushrooms chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed and finely chopped
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp date syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 2 lemons juiced and grate the skin for zest
- pinch of cayenne
- In a medium soup pot, heat coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, ginger, cayenne, and garlic, and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Mix in the broth, coconut milk, and date syrup
- Cook for 20 minutes in med heat.
- Add the lime zest and juice, cilantro, basil, and sprouts.
- Season soup with salt and cayenne to taste.
12PM, 7PM, Creativity, Detox, Dinner, Flatter Belly, gut-health, Happiness, lunch, Relaxation