Spicy Chickpea Soup
Apr 01,2020 | Yvette Rose
We used a lot of chickpeas while making our cleanses at Joulebody. I like to use it for consistency, texture, health benefits and diversity. It was an ingredient used in our soups, our patties and our dips.
This is why, chickpeas are filled with fiber and plant-protein, as well as minerals. This little pea packs a healthy punch to any recipe and since here at Joule our goal is to help you create a diversified gut health plan, we had to add it to our recipe collection.
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped leek
- 2 teaspoons cumin seed
- 3 tablespoon coconut cream
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoon sage leaf
- ½ carrot, chopped
- 1 small sweet potato, chopped
- 3 cups vegetable
- sea salt
- Black pepper
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon coconut vegan yogurt
- Heat the coconut oil add the cumin seed, brown and then add and gently sauté the leek until soft
- Add the carrot and potato, stir and then add the chickpeas and the liquids.
- Add the bay leaves, sage, the coconut cream, lemon juice and water stirring well.
- Simmer for about 1 hour and then blend very well in a blender adding the yogurt last.
- Carbohydrates 25 g
- Fats 9 g
- Protein 11 g
- Sugar 8 g
12PM, 7PM, Energy, Focus, Relaxation, Lunch, Dinner