Plant based Noodles and Meatless balls for Your Gut
Aug 22,2022 | Yvette Rose
- 2 cups lentils
- 1 large onion, small dice
- 1 cup carrot, small dice
- 1 cup celery, small dice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, minced
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp oregano, minced
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp chia + (2) 3 tbsp water
- 2 tablespoons ground flax + 3 tbsp water, mixed
- 1 cup zucchini and arugula salad seasoned with salt, olive oil, and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the lentils with two quarts of water in a medium-sized stockpot and bring to a boil over a high flame.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the lentils are soft but not falling apart (about 25 minutes– may take a bit longer) – DO NOT OVERCOOK THE LENTILS
- Strain the lentils through a colander and allow to cool
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Roll into 2 oz balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 22 – 25 minutes.
- Let cool for about 3 – 5 minutes then serve with salad
- Calories 160
- Protein 7g
- Carbs 16g
12PM, 7PM, Creativity, Detox, Dinner, Energy, Flatter Belly, Gut Health, lunch, Vegan, Weight-loss