Did you know your Gut needs to detox?
Mar 16,2021 | Yvette Rose
Your gut is like an ecosystem and to work effectively it needs a balance of many healthy probiotics in order to improve your digestion of fats and other nutrients. One way to improve your gut’s diversity is by increasing fermented foods in your diet like homemade sauerkraut kefir, kombucha and yogurt. It can be hard to get enough through your diet so you can also take a high-quality probiotic supplement on a regular basis to help.
We all need our gut to detox. If it doesn’t it will make you bloated, anxious and sick to your belly. You need estrogen to leave your body if you have any of these symptoms.
- Headaches migraines
- Decreased sex drive
- Weight gain around the thighs, hips and belly
- Hair loss
- Sluggish metabolism
- Foggy thinking/Tired/Mood Swings/Depression/Anxiety
- Trouble sleeping at night
Once estrogen enters the body through foods, environment and beauty products, it goes to the gut. If your microbiome isn’t healthy, extra estrogen is recirculated and goes back to the liver and it gets over burdened and keeps it in the body. That’s when bloating, anxiety, weight-gain and so much more happens!
Here’s what you can do to Detox:
- Anything processed will have hidden estrogens, keep this to a minimum
- Avoid added hormones, pesticides
- Eat a lot of leafy green veggies
- Cruciferous veggies like broccoli, brussel sprouts, and cauliflower. *Ask your practioner about enzymes if you struggle digesting
- Eat as much fiber as you can handle
- Seeds - like pumpkin, flax, sunflower and hemp seeds all help detoxification (all available in Joule Bars)
- Reducing inflammation with herbs like turmeric and fennel (all available in Joule Bars)