If your body isn't detoxing, then likely you feel like crap
Feb 08,2023 | Yvette Rose
If you're feeling kind of sluggish and out of sorts, it might be time for a detox.
The liver is responsible for processing all the toxins we take in on a daily basis, like alcohol, caffeine, and certain medications. And when our bodies are overloaded with these toxins, it takes a toll on our energy levels and emotional well-being.
But did you know that estrogen needs to detox too? Estrogen is a hormone that affects many different aspects of your health—from mood to digestion to sex drive—and because it's so important to your overall health, it's important to take care of it! One way to do that is by eating foods that help detox your body from the inside out.
These are some of my favorite foods for detoxing:
- Anything processed will have hidden estrogens, keep this to a minimum
- Avoid added hormones, pesticides
- Eat a lot of leafy green veggies
- Cruciferous veggies like broccoli, Brussel sprouts, and cauliflower. *Ask your practitioner about enzymes if you struggle to digest
- Eat as much fiber as you can handle
- Seeds - like pumpkin, flax, sunflower, chia and hemp seeds all help detoxification (all available in Joule Bars)
- Reducing inflammation with herbs like turmeric and fennel (all available in Joulebody Bars)