Chickpea Spinach Stew for the Soul
Apr 01,2020 | Yvette Rose
Joule Lifestyle is all about gut-health and to do this you must have diversity in your meal planning. Most of the ingredients you put into your body must be powerful and chickpeas or garbanzo beans are definitely part of the powerful hustle needed to repair the gut and balance hormones while enhancing your mood. These beans help control blood sugar so you aren't feeling hangry and it's filled with fiber helping the digestion allowing the gut to bring the essential vitamins and minerals for a healthy brain.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried minced rosemary
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup peeled, diced tomatoes, fresh or canned
- 1 can chickpeas
- Himalayan Salt
- 2 bunches spinach, stems removed
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- In a wide sauté pan, heat the oil over high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, paprika, rosemary, and half the parsley.
- Sauté for 2 minutes, then lower the heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and chickpeas, season with salt and pepper, the cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the spinach in the water clinging to its leaves until tender.
- Add the spinach to the chickpeas, taste for salt, and season with pepper.
- Garnish with the remaining parsley
12PM, 7PM, Creativity, Dinner, Energy, Focus, lunch, Vegan