Kale Salad and Lemon Dill Dressing
Nov 14,2020 | Yvette Rose
Kale became the superfood in the early 2000's. Every smoothie shop, every juice cafe, and every nutritionist added kale to their menu, why? Because it is amongst the most nutrient-dense foods. It has plenty of anti-oxidants and can help with cholesterol which reduces heart disease.
I make plenty of salads and smoothies adding kale because of this.
- 1 cup kale
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup carrots shredded
- 1/4 cup goji berries (optional)
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed
Lemon dill dressing
- (1/4) cup sunflower seeds
- (1/2) tablespoons ground flax seeds
- (3) tablespoons lemon juice,
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- (1) Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- (1) clove garlic
- (1/4) cup fresh dill, tightly packed
- (1/2) teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
For Salad: Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix.
For Dressing: In vita-mix, combine all ingredients and puree on high until completely smooth, 30-60 seconds