Simple Yet Powerful Quinoa Salad
Apr 01,2020 | Yvette Rose
Quinoa has been part of the Incan diet for many centuries. This activated ingredient quinoa paired with hulled hemp seeds, is a good source of plant protein and iron, potassium, magnesium, and lysine.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water or Vegetable Stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil (olive, coconut, avocado or sunflower)
- chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons hulled hemp seeds
- Rinse the quinoa several times in a bowl of cold water to remove the Saponin, draining it each time in a fine sieve.
- Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan, then add ¼ teaspoon salt and the quinoa.
- Lower the heat, cover the pan, and simmer until the liquid is absorbed and the spiral of the germ is visible., 12 to 15 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Toss with butter and season with pepper
- Carbohydrates 15 g
- Fats 3 g
- Protein 8 g
- Sugar 2 g
12PM, 7PM, Energy, Focus, Relaxation