Vegan Sunflower Falafel
Oct 09,2020 | Yvette Rose
Anxiety, feeling of failing, and panic attacks are normal for me. I let myself feel it. I respect it. I know now that learning how to fail and succeed, learning how to become calm in the midst of chaos, and learning how to shift mu anxiety from fear to action. I am supposed to be anxious because it helps me see where I am losing grip of what’s real. I am suppose to fail because I continue to succeed. I believe this is because I was born into a chaotic existence and grew up in chaos, so I have always been in fight or flight mode. What do you do with this information if you are an anxious person trying to make things happen?
Our guts are unique. It is made up of microbiota that comes from nature and nurture which means, you can have the same body type, blood type, and disease diagnosis, but your ability to heal comes from you, your experiences and your energetics. So if someone was able to just meditate and heal their anxiety, great. If someone was able to use cannabis to heal their anxiety, great. But for you, what heals you is you. Your ability to love and accept.you. Yeah. I said it. So simple but yet so hard.
If you love and accept yourself while you’re anxious you are reacting from your heart, not your head which then takes you from not know what will happen to trusting it all works out. If you fail, you know that getting back up makes you stronger and more courageous. It isn’t in the winning that we learn and grow, it’s from overcoming the anxious thoughts, allowing ourselves to fail and get back up.
Anxiety and failure will happen, especially if you are leveling up your life. And when this feeling shows up, move your body. Get your blood flowing, cleansing and clearing the toxins, the free-radicals that cause you to feel tired, anxious and depressed.
Try this recipe for your gut-health to help ease anxiety Vegan Sunflower Falafel
Here is a recipe inspired by the classic falafel recipe. When I decided to put this recipe together, I was looking to recreate the tastiness, crunchy texture of falafels but with the added benefits of omegas and protein from sunflower seeds. This recipe combines chickpeas (the original ingredient in falafels) and sunflower seeds for a gut-healthy recipe.
GUT HEALTHY RECIPE
"Vegan Sunflower Falafel"
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Seed (Pre-Soaked)
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup red onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed or chia seed
- 1 tablespoon Himalayan Salt
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup of Water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Using food processor, add mixture in several batches and puree until completely smooth.
- Once mixture is completely processed, mix batter well to ensure consistency
- More liquid may be added to ensure smooth consistency while pureeing, batter should resemble cookie dough.
- Using food scale, measure a mound of batter weighing 1.5 oz, roll into a ball formation.
- Place falafel balls on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 30 minutes, rotation 20 minutes through.
- Serve with tahini sauce
Appropriate for: gut-health, 12pm, 7pm,