Curried Chickpea Croquettes + Chutney
Aug 22,2022 | Yvette Rose
I love potato croquettes. And like all of Joule(body) recipes, I was inspired to make a healthier, vegan version. You don't have to fry them to make them taste good or fill them with meat. And that's when I came up with this recipe. Our clients loved this little croquette. If you want to make it a little crunchier, simply sprinkle high-heat oil on top (we use Avocado Oil).
Make food that keeps you vibing high, healing deep and that is powered by plants for your gut-health.
- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked, divided*
- 1/2 onion, diced ( ½ cup)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup broth (veggie or chicken)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 carrot, peeled and small diced ( ½ cup)
- 1 cup tightly packed kale, thinly sliced
FOR APPLE CHUTNEY
- 2 apples diced
- 1/4 onion diced
- 1/4" ginger root chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- pinch of cayenne
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine chickpeas leaving a handful aside, onion, curry powder, turmeric, ground flaxseed, flour, cumin, salt lemon juice, vegetable broth, and oil.
- Using a hand mixer, blend all ingredients until a thick paste is formed. Scrape downsides of the bowl using a rubber spatula to ensure a thorough mix.
- add cilantro, carrot, kale and remaining chickpeas.
- Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Measure 2 oz scoop, form into a log and repeat until the required number of croquettes is made.
- Place croquettes on a parchment-lined sheet tray.
- Bake 30 minutes, rotating tray 20 minutes through cooking time.
- Chill thoroughly before packaging.
- Serve atop kale salad bedding (2 cups chopped kale, ½ lemon- juiced, pinch salt).
You can make these in advance and freeze to eat when you are needing something quick and easy. You don't need to defrost them either. Simply put them in the oven at 350* for 5-minutes, then put it on 380* for another 15-minutes
- Combine the apples, onion, ginger, orange juice, apple cider vinegar, cayenne and salt and in a large saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally
Appropriate for: For: 12PM, 7PM, Gut-health